1 of 1
Winterthur Museum, result 1 of 1
Available to everyone
Winterthur railroad station
Date Note: 1839-1902; 1929-31; 1946-1962
Image Date: 1999
Winterthur, New Castle, Delaware, United States
Original portion of house built between 1839-1902 by H.A. and H. F. du Pont; central extension added 1929-1931 by Albert Ely Ives; additions between 1946 and 1962. House opened as a museum of American decorative arts, 1951. Gardens designed 1928-1960s by Marion Coffin and Henry Francis du Pont.
Subjectcountry houses; houses; museums; gardens; decorative arts; interior design; landscape architecture; adaptive reuse; dwellings; Winterthur Museum (American repository, Winterthur, contemporary) railroad stations; hip roofs; porte-cochères; shingle
Photographer: Wilson, Richard Guy
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
Now viewing Winterthur Museum