Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Staatsburg Library
1 of 1

Staatsburg Library, result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Culture
American
Title
Staatsburg Library
Saint Margaret of Antioch Church
general view
Library, exterior view
Work Type
library (buildings)
Date
Work: 1858
Image Date: 1991
Location
70 Old Post Road
Staatsburg, Dutchess, New York, United States
Period
Carpenter Gothic
Description
. . . beginning in 1858, services were held in the chapel across the street, now the Staatsburg Library. That building was built by Mrs. Margaret Lewis Livingston, the mother of Mrs. Lydia Hoyt and was used by several religious groups in the village. -- http://www.stmargaretsepiscopalchurch.org/history/ The Staatsburg Library was used as a Reading Room in 1891 and was granted its first charter by the state of New York in 1894. -- http://staatsburglibrary.org/136-2/
ID Number
20110203AVRN_0006
Source
Photographer: Wilson, Richard Guy
Spatial coordinates
41.850163,-73.927894
Rights
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
1085065.fpx
SSID
1085065

Now viewing Staatsburg Library