Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Hare Building (built 1878, demolished 1969, Thomas W. Richards, architect), exterior, looking north east
1 of 1

Hare Building (built 1878, demolished 1969, Thomas W. Richards, architect), exterior, looking north east, result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Title
Hare Building (built 1878, demolished 1969, Thomas W. Richards, architect), exterior, looking north east
Date
ca. 1885
Material
photograph
Measurements
13 x 21 cm (5.1 x 8.1 in)
Description
Located at northeast corner of 36th and Spruce Street. Named for Robert Hare (1781-1858), Professor of Chemistry, 1818-1847. First Penn facility designed for laboratory research and clinical process; housed dissecting room, dental and chemistry labs.
ID Number
UARC20071214004
Repository
UPX 12, University Photograph Collection, Box 20, folder 10
Rights
The contents of this digital collection are protected under copyright law and must not be reproduced without permission. Please contact uarc@lists.upenn.edu for more information.
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
20071214004.tif
SSID
22104033

Now viewing Hare Building (built 1878, demolished 1969, Thomas W. Richards, architect), exterior, looking north east