Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Construction Photograph: Rotunda
1 of 1

Construction Photograph: Rotunda, result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Title
Construction Photograph: Rotunda
No title on original
Date
7/9/2007
Material
Digital Camera
Measurements
14.293
9.743
Description
View toward the east wall of the Walker Gallery on the upper level of the Walker Art Building. Above the door leading to the Rotunda is an 1893 inscription honoring Sophia Wheeler Walker, after whom this gallery is named. She was the mother of Theophilus Wheeler Walker, after whom the Walker Art Building was named. In 1850 the first art gallery at Bowdoin, located on the upper floor of the Chapel (see hpc269_07.jp2), was also named after Sophia Wheeler Walker.
Related Item
Digital Camera
2009-01-09T12:00:00+00:00
300
Rights
Restricted access. This image may be protected by applicable copyright laws. For permission to use or reproduce this image, contact the office of the Assistant Director for Communications at the Bowdoin College Museum of Art.
Dan Gair/Blind Dog Photo. Inc.
Bowdoin College Museum of Art
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
2508481.fpx
SSID
2508481

Now viewing Construction Photograph: Rotunda