Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Landshut a. d. Isar. Altstadt [Landshut on the Isar (river), Old Town]; verso: Verlag Hans Pernat, Spezialhaus fur Ansichtskarten, Munchen 46. Ph. Krull'sche Buchhandlung, Landshut a. d. Isar [divided back, no message]
1 of 1

Landshut a. d. Isar. Altstadt [Landshut on the Isar (river), Old Town]; verso: Verlag Hans Pernat, Spezialhaus fur Ansichtskarten, Munchen 46. Ph. Krull'sche Buchhandlung, Landshut a. d. Isar [divided back, no message], result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Culture
German
Title
Landshut a. d. Isar. Altstadt [Landshut on the Isar (river), Old Town]; verso: Verlag Hans Pernat, Spezialhaus fur Ansichtskarten, Munchen 46. Ph. Krull'sche Buchhandlung, Landshut a. d. Isar [divided back, no message]
overall
recto
Work Type
Picture postcard
Date
ca.1907-1914 (publication date)
Material
cardstock
paper
Measurements
9 x 14 cm (3.54 x 5.51 inches) approximately
Description
Landshut (Bavarian: Landshuad) is a city in Bavaria in the south-east of Germany, belonging to both Eastern and Southern Bavaria. Situated on the banks of the River Isar, Landshut is the capital of Lower Bavaria, one of the seven administrative regions of the Free State of Bavaria. It is also the seat of the surrounding district, and with a population of more than 60,000. Landshut is the largest city in Lower Bavaria, followed by Passau and Straubing, and Eastern Bavaria's second biggest city. Owing to its characteristic coat of arms, the city is also often called "Three Helmets City". The city is popularly known for the Landshuter Hochzeit or Landshut Wedding, a full-tilt medieval festival. Due to its proximity and easy access to Munich and the Franz Josef Strauss International Airport, Landshut became a powerful and future-oriented investment area. The city is one of the richest industrialized cities in Bavaria and has East Bavaria's lowest unemployment rate (ca. 1.1% in October 2013), which represents full employment. (Wikipedia)
Repository
Trinity College, Watkinson Library (Hartford, Connecticut, USA)
Accession Number
Box 8.78-6
ID Number
539189
Source
Trinity College Library
Vendor: Trinity College Watkinson Library
Rights
This digital collection and its contents are made available by Trinity College Library for limited non-commercial, educational and personal use only. For other uses, or for additional information regarding the collection, contact the staff of Watkinson Library (www.watkinsonlibrary.org).
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
539189.jpg
SSID
9182334

Now viewing Landshut a. d. Isar. Altstadt [Landshut on the Isar (river), Old Town]; verso: Verlag Hans Pernat, Spezialhaus fur Ansichtskarten, Munchen 46. Ph. Krull'sche Buchhandlung, Landshut a. d. Isar [divided back, no message]