Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Caretaker's Cottage, White Pine Camp
1 of 1

Caretaker's Cottage, White Pine Camp, result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Title
Caretaker's Cottage, White Pine Camp
Exterior
Work Type
dwellings
Date
1907-08; additions 1911
Location
End of White Pine Camp Road, off NY 86
Paul Smiths, Franklin, New York, United States
Description
Situated on a knoll overlooking Osgood Pond, White Pine camp was commissioned by Archibald White, a nationally prominent dealer in railroad and other bonds. His wife, Olive Moore, clearly had a taste for the unconventional that is embodied in the singular character of this sprawling complex. In 1926, later owner Irwin Kirkwood loaned the camp to President Calvin Coolidge for use as the summer White House.
Source
Contributor: Richard W Longstreth
Information: Richard Longstreth, A Guide to Architecture in the Adirondacks (Keeseville, NY: Adirondacks Architectural Heritage, 2017) Section 9: North-Central Lakes PS2
Photographer: Richard W. Longstreth
Rights
Richard W. Longstreth
null
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the applicable Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
DSC_0348.jpg
SSID
21020801

Now viewing Caretaker's Cottage, White Pine Camp