Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Hotel E
1 of 1

Hotel E, result 1 of 1

Item Details
Public
Available to everyone
Culture
American
Title
Hotel E
Colonnade Hotel
Garden Room
West Range Cafe
exterior
general view
North facade looking south
Work Type
dining halls
Date
1820-1822 (creation); 1858 (addition)
Image: 2000-01-20
Location
site: West Range; McCormick Road, Charlottesville, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Material
carpentry ; brick (clay product); masonry
Period
Neoclassical; Federal; Palladian
Description
Hotel E was used for its original purpose from 1825 to the early 20th century. It has served as faculty residences and as the University's first architecture school (1919) under Fiske Kimball, and has reverted to a dining facility as an extension of the Colonnade Club.
Repository
University of Virginia Library
Related Item
University of Virginia Academical Village
ID Number
000054721_0003
Source
James Murray Howard
Architect for Historic Buildings and Grounds, University of Virginia
Rights
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
000054721_0003.jpg
SSID
9369070

Now viewing Hotel E