1 of 1
South Hall, result 1 of 1
Available to everyone
view of the South Hall entrance
university and college building
Image Date: 1960s
Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, New York, New York, United States)
This Renaissance Revival style building was first occupied by the Pratt Institute High School. It was designed by William B. Tubby, who would later design the Pratt Institute Library building. Built in 1889-92, students in the Mechanic Arts department contributed to its construction. After the high school closed in 1905, the building was dedicated to Domestic Arts (later Household Arts and Sciences, Home Economics, and Costume Design). In 1981, South Hall was designated a New York City Landmark, along with Memorial Hall and the Main Building, to which it is attached.
Pratt Institute Archives, Pratt Institute Library (Brooklyn, New York, United States)
SubjectPratt Institute -- History; College buildings -- New York (State) -- New York; Tubby, William Bunker (American architect, 1858-1944) South Hall
Image Work Type
5 x 5 centimeters
For inquiries regarding permissions and use fees, please contact: email@example.com.
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
Now viewing South Hall