1 of 1
The Cannon, result 1 of 1
Available to everyone
view of the Cannon
Image Date: 1980s
Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, New York, New York, United States); Seville, Seville, Andalusia, Spain (former site); Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba (former site)
The Cannon was cast in Seville, Spain in 1720. It bears the insignia of Philip V of Spain in bas-relief. The Cannon was brought to Pratt from the walls of Morro Castle in Havana, Cuba in 1899. Its location on campus has changed over the years. For decades it faced the Main Building near the location of the flagpole. It has become a symbol of Pratt: the athletic teams are called the Cannoneers and a residence hall is called Cannoneer Court.
Pratt Institute Archives, Pratt Institute Library (Brooklyn, New York, United States)
SubjectPratt Institute -- History; College buildings -- New York (State) -- New York; Cannons -- New York (State) -- New York Cannon
Image Work Type
5 x 5 centimeters
For inquiries regarding permissions and use fees, please contact: email@example.com.
This image has been selected and made available by a user using Artstor's software tools. Artstor has not screened or selected this image or cleared any rights to it and is acting as an online service provider pursuant to 17 U.S.C. §512. Artstor disclaims any liability associated with the use of this image. Should you have any legal objection to the use of this image, please visit http://www.artstor.org/copyright for contact information and instructions on how to proceed.
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
Now viewing The Cannon