Javascript must be enabled to view this site.

Read our system requirements.

Panama City: the school of medicine subsequently converted into the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory. Photograph, ca. 1928.
1 of 1

Panama City: the school of medicine subsequently converted into the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory. Photograph, ca. 1928., result 1 of 1

Item Details
Open Artstor
Available to everyone
Title
Panama City: the school of medicine subsequently converted into the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory. Photograph, ca. 1928.
Work Type
Photographic prints.
Material
photoprint ;
Measurements
sheet 18.7 x 23.6 cm
Description
1 photograph :
A school of medicine in Panama City, between Santo Tomás Hospital and the Hospital Panamá, and part of the site of the Panama Pacific Exposition, was granted in 1928 as the building of the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory (Wright, op. cit.). The inscription shown in this photograph ("Escuela de medicina") was replaced by one sayng "Gorgas Memorial Laboratory" (ibid. fig. 4). The building was reopened as the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory in 1929
ID Number
Source
Image and original data from Wellcome Collection
License
Use of this image is in accordance with the Artstor Terms & Conditions
File Properties
File Name
V0030942.jpg
SSID
24864546

Now viewing Panama City: the school of medicine subsequently converted into the Gorgas Memorial Laboratory. Photograph, ca. 1928.